Yep. I’m off today. Except for one little thing: I’ve spent the whole day working. I have drawn one important conclusion, however: My site desperately needs a redesign. In between doing research for work, I have repeatedly looked at my blog, and it is definitely time for an overhaul.
I’ve been trying to get him to do it for quite some time, but apparently there aren’t enough Twix in the world to convince him to do it. The good news? I’m off again on Friday and Saturday, so maybe I’ll play around with it a little.
I have finally created the perfect tomato sauce. After several tries (all of which were tasty, though not perfect), I have mastered the art of the tomato. The best part? It’s ready in under 20 minutes, with a minimum of prep work. I could bottle this stuff and be a millionaire.
Ok….All of the invitations are now gone. However, I will keep those who requested one and did not receive one on the list for the next round. Also, if you are a Gmail member, please remember to donate some (or all) of your invitations to Gmail4Troops.com.
I’ve got, like, eleventy billion invitations for Gmail. Does anybody want/need one? Let me know!
It’s official. I am going to marry Ken Jennings. Too bad I’ll have to wait until next season to see how this all ends……I have seen him every day since his first appearance, which, by the way, happened while we were on vacation—–in May.
I made quesadillas for dinner, but Kevin decided he didn’t want them. Instead, he is currently in the kitchen starring in his own cooking show. He’s talking to the dogs about his preparation of his very own Buffalo Chicken Pizza. When I asked him what he was doing, he replied:
“I’m hosting a show called “Shit Your Wife Won’t Make You. Tomorrow on the show we’re making rice with Cream Of Mushroom soup.”
The tag line for the show is “If your wife would fucking make you this stuff, you wouldn’t need a girlfriend.”
Do you think the Food Network would be interested?
I am a painting goddess. Last summer, I painted the kitchen. Then we painted our bedroom. Now, I am finally getting around to tackling the guest bath. By this time tomorrow, my bathroom will be a beautiful shade of Liberty Blue. i’ll leave the landscaping and the electrical work to the husband, but when it comes to painting or plumbing, I am the master! Bwa-ha-ha-haaa!
I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am that it’s time, once again, for the annual Running of the Bulls. Let the mayhem and gore commence!
fucktards customers of the world:
You may not believe this, but I am here to help you. I’m the girl that comes up to you, without fail, and smiles as I ask if there’s anything at all that you need. If there is, in fact, something which you require, please keep in mind the following:
1) I will be glad to help you, even if you don’t ask nicely. However, I am actually happy to help you if you are at least a little grateful. I could, after all, let you get it your own damn self.
2) When I ask how you are doing today, I really mean it. Please don’t be disrespectful and ignore me. I know you can hear me. I’m pretty freakin’ loud.
3) If the store where you are is out of an item, it is not the end. This is not where you die. The world will not stop spinning on its axis because I’m out of your item. Often, I can find it somewhere else, and if you’re nice to me, I’ll even go and pick it up for you, just to save you the trip. The key is, be nice.
4) If you refer to me as “Hey!” or “Yo!” I will ignore you. Please use your words along with your inside voice.
5) I truly do understand that your time is valuable. Believe me, I want to get you in and out of my store as quickly as possible. That means that if you’re in a hurry, and you want that FREAKING HUGE table loaded into your 4Runner, at least have the seats folded down and the mountain of crap in the back cleared out already. Also, don’t park in Uganda when there’s a loading zone right up front. Trust me, I’m not going to walk a 1/4 mile with a 600 pound table. Pull your car up. Finally, don’t bitch about how long the process takes. I am, quite clearly, a girl, and while I can lift it, it’s gonna take me a little longer. You want it done faster? Then help.
6) Finally, I do realize that you pay my salary (even though I don’t work on commission), which is precisely why I give a shit about you and your pathetic little life. Most of the time, you are fun and friendly. I think, though, that it’s time you had a little reminder. Please remember to use the magic words (um, that would be “please” and “thank you”), and don’t look down your nose at me because I work retail. Chances are, I make more money than you, I’m more educated than you, and I sure as hell know more about running a business than you.
Thank you for your time and cooperation. Now go out there and be good customers!